Sidequest GmbH offers Sidequest as an add-on to Slack. When we process data while operating the app, we do so as an agent for you, as our Sidequest customer, and we are bound by your instructions. You as a Sidequest customer are yourself responsible for processing the data in accordance with data protection law, as detailed in our Data Processing Agreement.
What data do we collect?
Sidequest is a Slack app that you can use to manage tasks and helpdesk tickets (so-called "Sidequests"). We can only offer this service if we store information about these tasks and tickets, process and provide them. This includes:
- Your Slack workspace name
- Your Slack user ID
- The titles and texts inside Sidequests
- Conversations you have inside Sidequest threads and files you share there-in
We store this information for sixty days after Sidequest has been uninstalled from your Slack workspace, sixty days after the end of your subscription, or until you request deletion (whatever comes first).
We want you to enjoy using Sidequest. In order to understand which functions you use regularly, we keep internal records of the features you use. These include:
- An internal identifier of the function used
- Date and time of use
We collect this data to ensure the security and availability of our offers. Repeated calls of our offers can be recognized and logged in order to recognize and prevent an abusive use of our offers in time. The collection of data is therefore required to offer our service. The data collected here is stored by us for a period of seven days and then deleted. This data will not be merged with other data sets. Form data such as passwords or application information is not saved in our records.
There is no legal or contractual obligation to provide personal data. There is no automated decision-making within the sense of Art. 22 DSGVO.
Which external partners do we work with?
We keep the number of partners with whom we work and who have access to your data to an absolute minimum. However, we cannot provide some services internally, so we work with the following partners:
- Sidequest is hosted on servers of DigitalOcean, LLC, with all storage and processing locations located inside the European Union. This is also where our database is hosted and where your Sidequest data is being stored. The data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO. We have concluded a contract with DigitalOcean for data processing in accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO. Details can be found here.
- When you use Sidequest in your Slack workspace, we use interfaces provided by Slack Technologies, Inc., to record your tasks and messages and present them back to you. This requires that we share information about your tasks, messages and Sidequest users with Slack. The data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO. Details can be found here.
What rights do users of Sidequest have regarding their data?
- Right of access (Art. 15 DSGVO): You have the right to request confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you are being processed. If this is the case, you have the right to be informed about this personal data and to receive the information specified in Art. 15 DSGVO.
- Right of rectification and deletion (Art. 16 and 17 DSGVO): You have the right to request without delay the rectification of incorrect personal data concerning you and, if necessary, the completion of incomplete personal data. You have the right to request that personal data concerning you be deleted immediately if one of the reasons listed in Art. 17 DSGVO applies, e.g. if the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to restrict processing (Art. 18 DSGVO): You have the right to request the restriction of processing if one of the conditions listed in Art. 18 DSGVO is met, e.g. if you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO or for the duration of any examination as to whether our legitimate interests outweigh your interests as a data subject.
- Right to data transferability (Art. 20 DSGVO): In certain cases, which are listed in detail in Art. 20 DSGVO, you have the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that this data be transferred to a third party.
- Right of objection (Art. 21 DSGVO): If data are collected on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO (data processing to safeguard legitimate interests), you have the right to object to the processing at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation. We will then no longer process the personal data unless there are demonstrably compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right of appeal to a supervisory authority (Art. 77 DSGVO): You have the right to appeal to a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of data concerning you violates data protection regulations. In particular, the right of appeal may be lodged with a supervisory authority in the Member State of your place of residence, your place of work or the place of the suspected infringement.