This statement applies to all personal information that is collected when you use our website, or that you actively provide. Sidequest GmbH is the responsible party for the processing of the data, as stated in the imprint on this page.
What data do we collect?
When you use this website, we record the time and origin of your visit, as well as the actions you take on our site using an on-premise version of Matomo Analytics. Before saving, we anonymize your IP. We do not use any cookies. The data processing is based on our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest is to understand how you use this site and optimize it for your use. There is no legal or contractual obligation to provide personal data. There is no automated decision-making within the sense of Art. 22 DSGVO.
You can always opt-out here.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
It gets a little more technical from here on. Nevertheless, we would like you to be aware of the rights that the German data protection legislation DSGVO grants you when processing your personal data:
- Right of access (Art. 15 DSGVO): You have the right to request confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you are being processed. If this is the case, you have the right to be informed about this personal data and to receive the information specified in Art. 15 DSGVO.
- Right of rectification and deletion (Art. 16 and 17 DSGVO): You have the right to request without delay the rectification of incorrect personal data concerning you and, if necessary, the completion of incomplete personal data. You have the right to request that personal data concerning you be deleted immediately if one of the reasons listed in Art. 17 DSGVO applies, e.g. if the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to restrict processing (Art. 18 DSGVO): You have the right to request the restriction of processing if one of the conditions listed in Art. 18 DSGVO is met, e.g. if you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO or for the duration of any examination as to whether our legitimate interests outweigh your interests as a data subject.
- Right to data transferability (Art. 20 DSGVO): In certain cases, which are listed in detail in Art. 20 DSGVO, you have the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that this data be transferred to a third party.
- Right of objection (Art. 21 DSGVO): If data are collected on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO (data processing to safeguard legitimate interests), you have the right to object to the processing at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation. We will then no longer process the personal data unless there are demonstrably compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right of appeal to a supervisory authority (Art. 77 DSGVO): You have the right to appeal to a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of data concerning you violates data protection regulations. In particular, the right of appeal may be lodged with a supervisory authority in the Member State of your place of residence, your place of work or the place of the suspected infringement.